My path to working with intimacy began 15 years ago with a degree in Performing Arts and Psychology and has since traversed BDSM (bondage/discipline, dominance/submission, sadism/masochism otherwise known as "kink"), the extreme non-violence of mindfulness based Hakomi Therapy, and Advait Tantra (non-duality and the expansive liberation of sexual energy as universal consciousness).
After leaving a traditional marriage and desk job 13 years ago I plunged into the culture of Burning Man where I was introduced to alternative expressions including polyamory, BDSM, Ecstatic Dance, and the breadth of conscious sexuality and gender expression.
In 2011 I met Shakti Malan who quickly became a major influence in my life through her Totality Therapy, Soulmate Within, Sexual Awakening for Women, and Somatic Healing for Sexual Trauma courses. With her, my comfort with BDSM merged with studies in consciousness, spirituality, and the subconscious world of sexual fantasy. My inner masculine and feminine totality were both honored and celebrated for the first time and I learned to embrace the "bad" experiences of taboo, shame, jealousy, and anger as our shadow teachers. This delving transformed my beliefs and judgments around love, sexuality, and human potential.
Where I had always been passionate about supporting interpersonal relationships, my work has taken on the focus of individuals exploring their own internal polarities such as masculine and feminine identification, desire and fear, guilt and innocence, passion and reason, as a path to wholeness and foundational in the realms of love and partnership.
Other Studies include:
- NLP Marin (Neuro-linguistic Programming) Master Practitioner and Transformational NLP Practitioner
- Jon Eisman's Re-Creation of the Self
- WholeBody Wisdom and the work of David Deida
- Justin Patrick Pierce and Londin Angel Winters and The Yoga of Intimacy
- Betty Martin's Wheel of Consent
- HAI (The Human Awareness Institute)
- ISTA (the International School of Temple Arts)
- Landmark Education
- different approaches of Shamanic exploration
- 5 years of Bok-Fu Karate, Pilates, Yoga, 15 years of dance study, and nearly 50 full length theatre productions